This project is made with the same yarns as my flower hats. I had quite a bit of each colour left over but not enough to make any more hats in the same design. I fancied a change anyway so decided to attempt a scarf.
I have collected a lot of images of scarves on my Pinterest boards. The style I am working here is one of my favourites to wear. It lends itself to using many colours and as such is perfect for a continuation of my stash busting hats project. This yarn is a mix of cashmere and merino wool so is beautifully warm to wear.
I began by working a chain to the length of scarf I wanted to produce. This seemed to go on for ever! There are 330 stitches in one row of my scarf and the finished scarf measures 160 cm/64 inches long by 15 cm/6 inches. I made up the stitch pattern and colour banding as I worked the piece but kept careful notes. I will write up the pattern and put it up on my Etsy store.
This project did not work well on my commute as it grew quite quickly and used several balls of yarn at a time. I have a separate project worked in parallel so that I could make use of my commuter time!
To finish off the scarf I considered adding more flowers but they didn’t stand out as well as I would like against the stripes so instead I went for fringing. I have used up all my spare yarn of this type now and listed both the hats and this scarf on Etsy. I hope you like them 🙂