Hello – so excited to report the progress on my Sunshine Flower Blanket.
As you can see I now have all the large flowers added and I am working the final vanilla band before adding the edging. I am going to edge it with the three colours I used for the flowers but I have a few more rows of Vanilla to work before then.
The blanket is getting quite big now – I think it will be around 1.5 meters square when I finish it. My earlier posts on this project give you the source for the pattern for the large flowers (A Square A Day by Tracey Lord) and the colours I am using. I will happily make the pattern available for the smaller flowers and the overall design if anyone would like to see it. Please just leave me a comment (there is a link above and below this post).
I have already started on my next project so focusing on getting this one finished has been a bit of a struggle! The rounds get so long towards the end so it feels like you are not making progress and the ends take a long time to weave in. I am so pleased that I wound most of them in as I was working the squares. I worked a lot of the squares on my daily commute so always made sure I had a needle with me to finish off the ends as I went. I certainly wouldn’t like to start on all the ends from scratch when I had finished the blanket!
That is all from me for now – the next time I post on this project will be to show you the finished work which I will probably list on Etsy as a one off. 🙂